Re: [Vserver] Problems with Ethernet

From: William Berks <bill_at_wtberks.com>
Date: Thu 02 Nov 2006 - 15:35:09 GMT

I was trying the easy way out and used the 'emerge' command to pull the
vserver sources. This had the unfortunate effect of also pulling an
older kernel than the one I had just got working. It was easier, but in
this case, inadequate.

I downloaded the 2.02 patches and applied them to my 2.6.17 kernel and
all is good. Well, almost.

I then used emerge to download the vserver utils. This gives me compile
errors, so I guess I will have to do it by hand. Gentoo with its
portage tree and emerge ability does make life easier for most things.
But when you start using odd or new hardware, you can start running into
problems.

Bill Berks