Re: [Vserver] Development 2.1.1

From: William Berks <bill_at_wtberks.com>
Date: Thu 09 Nov 2006 - 23:53:05 GMT

I noticed that some kind soul had updated the Gentoo Portage tree to
include the most recent vserver patches. I updated my server today to
the 2.6.18 kernel along with the vserver 2.1.1 sources. I built a new
kernel and restarted my server. So far, so good. However, when I
entered one of the guests and tried to do anything that used the network
device, it failed. Finally I tried a simple ifconfig and found that
there were no network devices defined.

Is there some kind of migration needed to configure the guests to the
new patches?

Bill Berks