Re: [Vserver] Quota on shared partiton using derjohn kernel 2.6

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Fri 17 Nov 2006 - 17:00:46 GMT

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 10:23:01PM +0100, Cryptronic wrote:
> Hi Herbert,
>
> i would be pleased to test that, i can test on a amd64 and x36 amd.

sounds good to me ...

> Because I really need that ;)

that's always a good reason :)

> So please give me the sources and i'll test for you.

first step will be joining the irc channel #vserver
at irc.oftc.net and get in contact with me, so that
you do not have to start from zero ...

> Time is enough

you will definitely need some, quota testing isn't
easy and it requires many tests regarding corner
cases ...

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 09:35:06PM +0100, Baltasar Cevc wrote:

> I'm interested, too. However I don't have a test
> environment set up at the moment and don't know when I'll
> be able to do that.

> But if you'd start, I should be able to change that ;-)

hehe, started already several times, with several
folks telling me similar, and it was always frozen
again after a few days at most ...

> (However, I would only have 1 or 2 Pentium machines, so I
> could only test on a very small scale).

that doesn't really matter, you can even test in
a virtual environment on your laptop, with QEMU
for example ...

> Anyway, thanx for the efforts. Linux-VServer really rocks!

a pleasure to hear that, tx!

> Baltasar

so cu soon ...