Re: AW: [Vserver] kernel-2.6.17.13

From: Daniel Hokka Zakrisson <daniel_at_hozac.com>
Date: Sun 26 Nov 2006 - 14:54:25 GMT

Roman Pretory wrote:
> RP> ist a horror
> RP> .)modules for iptables have canged
> RP> have to search after use oldconfig
>
>>> What is the old version you compared it against?
>
> old Kernel = 2.6.12.3 = old .config

Of course, things change, that is to be expected. Netfilter got a
rewrite a couple of versions ago (2.6.16, I think).

> RP> .)Nic's are turned very funny for remote work
>
>>> What do you mean by that, what was expected and what did you get?
>
> 2 nic's in each server
> Production1: 2x 3 Com90xx == not testet
> Production2: Intel / Realtech == error
> Testsystem: 2x 3 Com90xx == error
>
> after reboot with the new kernel
> eth0 = eth1
> eth1 = eth0

You shouldn't rely on the kernel's naming. If you need eth0 to refer to
a specific interface, you'll have to tell your distribution's network
scripts to rename the interface with that hardware address.

> RP> .)Mailserver can't send mails with the new kernel
>
>>> Again - what do you mean by that, what was expected and what did you get?
>
>>> A bit on information is necessary - a bit more always welcom. You should
> know that from your first "request session" ....
>
> mailserver fc3 trys to send mails and can't
> take wron ip ,can't find host...
> in bash all ok dns give correct answers
> =>look for log
> =>reboot sendmail
> =>reboot guest
> =>reboot node
> =>reboot node with 2.6.12.3 == mail are send!
> =>reboot node with 2.6.17 == error again
> =>reboot node with 2.6.12.3 == mail are send!

And why can't you send mail with 2.6.17? What does "take wrong IP" mean?

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson
GPG id: 06723412