Re: [Vserver] Network local to vserver host and guests?

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_acm.org>
Date: Wed 29 Nov 2006 - 15:09:02 GMT

Christian Affolter wrote:
> Hi!

>> yes, and it is a typical Linux-VServer case

>> yes, of course, you do not even need to make
>> special preparations or modifications

>> sorry, that is misinformation
>
> Uuhm, I'm sorry :( I was too fast with replying and furthermore
> misinterpreted
> the question.
> That's why I've tried to clarify it in my second mail, however Herbert
> did a
> much better job than I ;)
>
> Thanks Herbert and sorry for confusing you Rod!

No hard to do. :-) I flip from using vservers, to admining them, to
programming for six or seven Web applications, and on and on. In this
case your second post got me straight.

And thanks Daniel and Herbert. These is so much to vservers and you two
seem to keep it all straight in your head.

Is there any documentation ( i.e. examples ) on the wiki of doing this
type of thing? Still not sure what I should search for.

Eventually I'm going for a system with three NICs. Two go to different
WANs and one goes to the LAN ( backup server, etc. ) but all the guests
will be using the same database instance and the possibly mailserver.

Routing ( which I asked about in a message several weeks ago ) and how
it ties into netfilter ( iptables ) is my next hil to climb.

Again thanks to all for the information,
Rod