Re: [Vserver] Maximum guest on one host

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Sun 03 Dec 2006 - 19:38:59 GMT

On Sunday 03 December 2006 14:16, Adrien Laurent wrote:

we have one centos64 guest running and judging by that one, all idle doing
nothing, loading nothing other than requirements to boot, my guess is
150-200.. but if activity/applications get loaded that may drop to 100 or so.
these are just rough guesses on my part.. i am sure someone has a more
scientific method to determine this, or maybe has something similar they can
quote from experience.

> Hi,
>
> I have a project of giving away free voip servers using vserver.
> Each servers will be a minimal centos installation with few
> additionnal packages.
> They will all have a public ip - no firewall.
>
> Considering that all the servers are idle - how many of them can a
> regular server (Pentium 3.0Ghz - 2go ram) handle ?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Adrien
>

> --
> Adrien Laurent
> Chief Information Officer
> (514) 284-2020 x 202
> adrien@modulis.ca
> www.modulis.ca
>
> Technical questions? support@modulis.ca

Chuck
"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,
and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath
or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose
for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. "
The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book