Re: [Vserver] Bandwidth Monitoring

From: Tom Laermans <tom.laermans_at_powersource.cx>
Date: Wed 03 Jan 2007 - 12:32:35 GMT

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 10:21:31PM -0500, Adrien Laurent wrote:
> Hi and happy new year !
>
> I'd like to monitor bandwidth through snmp from the master server.
> When I hit ifconfig in the master I only get it's interfaces not the
> ones of the vservers.
>
> Is it possible to see the vserver interfaces from the master ?

I am using IPFM to monitor traffic per IP address.

I haven't gotten around to writing a plugin for net-snmp to use that data to
be able to report through SNMP though.. been thinking about how to do it in
my (rare) spare time... :) "just" doing it is not that hard but I'd like to
integrate it into the rest of the interfaces. *hmm, idea about how*

I'll unfortunately be pretty busy for the next few weeks ...

Tom