Re: [Vserver] "Unsupported packaging method"

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Sat 20 Jan 2007 - 07:23:48 GMT

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 11:58:27AM +0100, Marcus Mülbüsch wrote:
> I just wanted to create a vserver under Gentoo with
>
> > vserver name build [...] -- -d gentoo -t /path/to/template
>
> and got a
>
> >Unsupported packaging method: application/empty (application/x-bzip2)
>
> Googling around in 13thfloor irc-logfiles showed that someone else had
> the problem, but it seems it wasn't solved.
>
> But it was as simple as removing the trailing space...
>
> It seems that by copy-and-pasting from Windows' notepad a space was
> inserted, i.e. the command was "/path/to/template ".

hmm, thanks for tracking that one down, but I somehow
get the feeling this isn't a trailing space at all

why? simple, the command is parsed by the shell, and
without adding some escape chars (e.g. \ ) or adding
quotes around the path (e.g. "/path/to/template ") the
additional space will be ignored ...
(you can verify that with touch test )

nevertheless, probably something like a high space or
some strange UTF8 characters got pasted along with the
actual data ...