Re: [Vserver] vlimit --core does not work ?

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Sun 21 Jan 2007 - 00:23:02 GMT

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 11:56:55AM -0800, Jennifer Chou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use vlimit to setup the corefile size for
> the Vserver. For example.
>
> vlimit -c ctx_id --core 2048
>
> I got the
> vc_set_rlimit(): Unknow error 524
>
> Does vlimit command support core file size change ?

hmm, no, the idea of the vlimit (rlimit for an
entire guest) is kind of different from the ulimit
(rlimit per user/process) ... basically the vlimits
are limits for the accumulated resources used up
by a guest/context, which is somewhat hard to define
for things like the 'core dump file size'

what you probably want to set is the default core
dump size (ulimit) for that guest, which should not
be too hard to set either (not for the running guest
though, as it has to be inherited for all processes)

i.e. /etc/vservers/<guest-name>/ulimits
(http://linux-vserver.org/util-vserver:Documentation)

see http://linux-vserver.org/Resource_Limits for
details on which guest resources are accounted and
enforced ...

HTC,
Herbert