Re: [Vserver] Re: about Vserver for ARM

From: Wenbin Zhang <zhangwenbin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri 02 Mar 2007 - 17:26:30 GMT

Hi Herbert,

Thank you very much! Actually I'd like to send you a phone to test it :-)
But before I do that, let me try it firstly :-)

Yes I can switch to 2.6, no problems. However I checked the arm-ezx patch,
http://www.openezx.org/download/,
all the patches are for linux 2.6.16 kernel. However, for Vserver patches,
http://ftp.linux-vserver.org/pub/kernel/vs2.0/,
they are only 2.6.12, 2.6.14, 2.6.17 version. So the two kind of patches are
not for the same version of 2.6 kernel.

Moreover, even they are for the same version, for example, 2.6.16 kernel, I
guess there are still conflicts if we apply
the two patches simutaneously. We have two ways:
1) apply openezx patch, then Vserver patch
2) apply Vserver patch, then openexz patch

But we cannot guarantee the two patch have no conflicts each other, any
ideas?

Thanks,
Wenbin