Re: [Vserver] OCS Inventory

From: Daniel W. Crompton <daniel.crompton_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu 15 Mar 2007 - 15:08:54 GMT

On 3/15/07, Jean-Michel Caricand <jean-michel.caricand@laposte.net> wrote:

> I want to install OCS Inventory Agent on a guest. When I
> launch agent, I can read this error in log file:

> I'am under root account. How can I resolve this ?

When you are running in a guest you don have as many rights as root on
the host, the guest has certain capabilities disabled. Do you know
what the Agent is trying to do when it installs, perhaps starting the
installer with strace will give you an idea what capability it needs
to install.

D.

blaze your trail

--