[Vserver] java crash in vserver...

From: Thomas Besser <thomas.besser_at_archIT.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Date: Fri 13 Apr 2007 - 08:30:32 BST

Hi,

I'm trying to install 'geoserver' (http://geoserver.org, written in Java,
version 1.5.0-rc4) into a linux vserver (host and guest debian etch).

On a fresh installed and native etch box this installation runs without
problems, so the problem seems to be vserver specific.

Installation crashes with an java error in conjunction with libc, as far as
I understand the error output:

3510 [INFO] org.geotools.referencing.factory.epsg.HSQLDataSource - Creating
cached EPSG database. It may take a few minutes.
#
# An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
#
# SIGBUS (0x7) at pc=0xb7e43ccf, pid=24680, tid=3084740832
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.5.0_10-b03 mixed mode, sharing)
# Problematic frame:
# C [libc.so.6+0x6cccf] memcpy+0x2f
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid27177.log
#
# http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#

Are there any known problems with java applications in vserver?
http://linux-vserver.org/Problematic_Programs says nothing about java.

I tested it also with several JDK's directly from SUN (also jdk1.6), always
the same error. Also I tested another java application (ApacheDS) without
problems.

The above mentioned log and also a strace run is here:
http://www.archIT.uni-karlsruhe.de/geoserver/error.log
http://www.archIT.uni-karlsruhe.de/geoserver/strace.log

Any hints what could be done for getting more informations for
troubleshooting?

Thanx in advance...
Thomas