Re: [Vserver] Hashify 'etch' trouble?

From: Corey Wright <undefined_at_pobox.com>
Date: Fri 11 May 2007 - 14:30:09 BST

On Fri, 11 May 2007 08:04:49 +0100
"Ben Green" <ben@bristolwireless.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 May 2007 04:05:21 +0100, Corey Wright <undefined@pobox.com>
> wrote:
>
> > the only problems i've encounter without COW is:
>
> Excellent, thankyou for that, those were exactly the sorts of problems I
> expected.
>
> I'd like to read the thread about pruning and the patches. The archive
> doesn't search well through google and has no inbuilt search. Any idea
> when the discussion was? I would prefer not to load anyones servers (and
> my HD) by downloading the lot.

i found the relevant marked/flagged emails in my personal email archive and
then searched google for the quoted email subject.

"clean-up hash directory"
http://www.paul.sladen.org/vserver/archives/200609/0016.html

"dpkg fails when upgrading hashified setuid files"
http://www.paul.sladen.org/vserver/archives/200608/0045.html

"suggestion for hashify improvement"
http://www.paul.sladen.org/vserver/archives/200609/0163.html

seem's paul has the "better" vserver mailing list archive, at least in
google's opinion. ;-)

i can't vouch for tim's patch against vhashify because i haven't gotten
around to applying it (but i plan on doing it when i upgrade from sarge to
etch and upgrade the util-vserver package). please let us know how it
goes if you do it.

corey

--
undefined@pobox.com