Re: [Vserver] FC5 End of Life and Linux-Vserver

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_acm.org>
Date: Tue 22 May 2007 - 13:56:05 BST

Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:
> Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>> With the announcement of the EOL for Fedora Core 5 I'm wondering where
>> I should go next or if I should go ... next?
>>
>> So actually this is more a question for Daniel Zakrisson since he
>> provides the FC5 vserver kernel and vserver-utils RPMs and the
>> repository.
>> How long do you think you'll keep updating the FC5 stuff?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Rod
>
> I guess I'll handle it the same way I handled the FC4 EOL, i.e. keep
> pushing updates until the base kernel (2.6.20) is no longer receiving
> them. As for the utils, I hope Enrico will manage to get 0.30.213 in
> before the EOL, and that should be fine for a while at least.

Thanks Daniel.

I have a few Vserver hosts based on FC5 and only a partially finished
server ( hardware ) to use as a staging/transition system. I see you
have the FC6 RPMs in place but my experience with FC6, at least as a
workstation, was less than satisfactory so I'm holding/hoping FC7 will
be better.

Again thanks,
Rod