Re: [vserver] Mapping vserver files into other vservers?

From: Christoph Lukas <christoph.lukas_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue 31 Jul 2007 - 06:58:31 BST

Hi Markus,

> this is similar to what Christoph was asking, I've also been using rbind
> for a while.
>
> On my host-system I've the directory /data/ and within is
> /data/vservers/ where all vserver files are placed.
>
> I've now mapping the hosts /data into each vservers' /data, however when
> inside a vserver I can't change to the /data/vservers directory, I get a
> "Permission denied".

Wouldn't this be kind of recursive? From the host perspective it would
look like:

/data/vserver/guest1/data/vserver/guest1

> Is there a flag I can set to access this directory? In my case I would
> rely on UID/GID permissions. But whats weird is that even as root inside
> the vserver I can't change into this directory.

Are you sure you have mounted the /data partition _without_ the tagxid
option?

If you have used this partition with tagxid before you have to make sure
to remove all the xid information from the files. Otherwise files with a
xid from vserver1 are not accessible from vserver2. To do this:
* mount the partition with tagxid
* run a chxid -c 0 -R /data
* mount the partition without tagxid

Regards,