Re: [vserver] prefered way to add a support for a new distro

From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri 03 Aug 2007 - 14:15:03 BST

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 14:41 +0200, Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:
> Natanael Copa wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to add support for my distro alpinelinux.
> >
> > Currently to install a guest I need to:
> >
> > vserver myguest build --iniststyle sysv ... -m skeleton albootstrap
> > /vservers/myguest
> > echo "/etc/init.d/rcL" > /etc/vservers/myguest/apps/init/cmd.start
> > echo "/etc/init.d/rcK" > /etc/vservers/myguest/apps/init/cmd.stop
> > echo "killall5" >> /etc/vservers/myguest/apps/init/cmd.stop
>
> You want it to run /etc/init.d/rcK killall5 on stop?

I want to execute /etc/init.d/rcK and when that is done I'd like to run
killall5 in case some process is not stopped with rcK.

> > echo "kernel.grsecurity.chroot_caps = 0" >> /etc/sysctl.conf
> > rm /vservers/myguest/etc/mtab
> > chroot /vserver/myguest rc_add -s 20 -k syslog
> >
> > (the ablootstrap script basicly downloads and unpacks a base.tar.bz2
> > file)
> >
> > Now, my question is, how is the prefered way to add support for alpine?
> > should I use -d alpine -m template with base.tar.bz2 and put the other
> > stuff in a /usr/lib/util-vserver/distributions/alpine dir or should I
> > create a new -m albootstrap like debootstrap?
> >
> > Natanael Copa
>
> Depends on what you want, I guess. -m template doesn't download anything.
> Regardless of the method you choose, the other things should be in an
> initpost script. (Well, not the sysctl.conf modification.)

I'm trying to do the -m template right now. Is there somehwere I can put
app/init/cmd.{start,stop} scripts for a distro rather than for an
individual vserver config? Or should I just create cmd.{start,stop} from
the initpost?

The sysctl.conf modification is for the vserver host so it should not go
with the vserver guest scripts anyway. Maybe a check + notification to
user that he will need to tweak the grsec params but thats not your
problem.

Thanks!

Natanael Copa