Re: [vserver] testme.sh failed in Ubuntu 7.04 with kernel 2.6.21.6, vserver patch 2.2.0.3

From: Corey Wright <undefined_at_pobox.com>
Date: Thu 09 Aug 2007 - 12:50:22 BST

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 16:16:33 +0800
"_________" <wolfhe.zz@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just tried to setup vserver in my Ubuntu 7.04 (feisty) but
> testme.shfailed.
>
> The kernenl version is 2.6.21.6 and patched with 2.2.0.3 vserver stuff
> (from vserver new wiki site).

> The util-vserver and vserver-debiantools packages are both from Ubuntu
> 7.04cdrom.
> The version of util-vserver is 0.30.212-1.
> The version of vserver-debiantools is 0.3.4.

i believe you need util-vserver >= 0.30.213 for vserver kernel patch
2.2.0.3 (due to the disabling of legacy support in kernel patch used by
previous util-vserver versions). that's all just from my memory of reading
this list, so i could be remembering wrong (but worth a try).

i can't find confirmation anywhere on the linux-vserver.org website except
for this "recommendation" by daniel (which i initially found in my
personal email archive): http://archives.linux-vserver.org/200704/0007.html.

Herbert, Daniel, Benedikt: is the minimum util-vserver version required for
each vserver kernel patch release documented anywhere on linux-vserver.org
(as i couldn't find anything within 5 to 10 minutes of searching/browsing).

corey

--
undefined@pobox.com