[vserver] Scheduling of cpu

From: <mail_at_cryptronic.de>
Date: Mon 20 Aug 2007 - 07:53:26 BST

Hi all,

following situation:

I'm running Linux VServer v 2.2 on a dual core host with util vserver 213

Now I have one guest costing much performance. My idea is to limit the cpu
of the guest to only one core of the cpu.

When I understood the flowerpage right, then i can set a dir
/etc/vservers/<vsname>/sched/1 and in there the limits including cpuid for
that cpu. But when I start the guest afterward /proc/virtual/<xid>/sched
shows me the same values for both cpus.

/etc/vservers/<vsname>/sched is completly emty expect the dir called 1.

Isn't it possible to limit a guest on only one cpu?

thanks for help

best regards

cryptronic