Re: [vserver] Loopback issues

From: Jeff Williams <jeffw_at_globaldial.com>
Date: Mon 27 Aug 2007 - 03:33:29 BST

Thomas Weber wrote:

> You might also have a look at my thread here
> "Avoiding kernel internal routing among vserver clients"
> from like 2 or 3 weeks ago.
> The problem seems similar to mine and i've got mine (mostly) solved.
> Still need to investigate the icmp problem though. Haven't had time to
> look at it since.

This looks like it might help. Basically, the problem is exactly the
same: even though the dest ip address exists on another vserver (and
therefore exists as an alias for the vserver host and would naturally be
routed over lo), we need it to be routed over the network and therefore
out the interface and onto the wire.

For me this is will be any traffic destined for one of the loud balancer
IPs and not coming from eth0 or from the dest vserver itself. Shouldn't
be too hard to do the route rules you use, I think.

Jeff