Re: [vserver] gentoo and baselayout 2

From: Christian Affolter <c.affolter_at_stepping-stone.ch>
Date: Mon 27 Aug 2007 - 15:20:41 BST

Hi!

> What do your init.d/net.xx scripts look like for a running vserver under
> baselayout 2?
/etc/init.d/net.lo -> ../../lib/rcscripts/sh/net.sh
/etc/init.d/net.vserver:

#!/sbin/runscript
# Copyright 1999-2007 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: $

depend() {
        provide net
}

start() {
        return 0
}

stop() {
        return 0
}

> I am running into problems with the default config. The server needs
> something which provides net, yet the interface is up already...
> Previously I worked around this by creating a nearly empty file which
> just provided the net dependency, but didn't do anything. Feels like
> this should be handled in the new baselayout though, so wondering what
> the secret is?
Did you update your config files, after upgrading to the new baselayout?

regards,
Chris