Re: [vserver] getty in a vserver

From: Bruno <bonbons67_at_internet.lu>
Date: Thu 30 Aug 2007 - 18:04:16 BST

Hello Sylvain,

For me it works fine to start getty in my vserver guests.

What I did:
- copy the tty file(s) as you
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 2007-01-01 00:00 console -> tty1
    crw-rw-rw- 1 root tty 5, 0 2007-01-01 00:00 tty
    crw------- 1 root root 4, 7 2007-01-01 00:00 tty1
  You may note I called it tty1 inside of my guest, but due to
  the minor of the char device it's tty 7 for the kernel (tty 6 would
  have minor 6)
- configured my guest tu use plain init style
  (this is required to have an init process inside the guest that
  can start and respawn gettys)

This works fine (also take care inside of the guest to not have your local
syslog, if any, to log to your only console, would at least not look good and
be anoying when using that tty)

Regards,
Bruno