Re: [vserver] Problem on flushing the caches

From: Daniel Hokka Zakrisson <daniel_at_hozac.com>
Date: Fri 31 Aug 2007 - 23:13:21 BST

Philip wrote:
> Hello Vserver experts,
>
> I am having trouble with Vserver's caching mechanism. I have a Vserver
> application which keeps writing to disk until the disk limit is
> reached. Then, I would remove the application including all of the
> files it has generated. I would then recreate the application under
> the the same name and the same context id. After that, the Vserver
> boots but it shows my disk usage as 100% ( using df ).

How are you deleting it? vserver ... delete? It had a bug where it would
not delete the caches, so you might have to do that manually (e.g. rm
-fr /var/cache/vservers/<guest>). This should be fixed in util-vserver
0.30.214.

> I read it on the wiki that the cachebase/ directory holds system
> related caches. Is there a way to force Vserver to flush the cache and
> regenerate on the fly?

See above, note that it's only recalculated when you start the guest
though, so you'd have to stop the guest, perform the command above, and
then start it again.

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson