Re: [vserver] Access denied

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Thu 11 Oct 2007 - 01:19:31 BST

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 01:28:29PM -0300, Gustavo wrote:
> Hi, I'm having an issue I cannot find where us comes from, maybe
> someone have an idea...
>
> When I try to start a vserver guest system (In that host I have two
> guest created, I they were working fine until probably a test change
> I made I don't remember... or maybe something else) it tells cannot
> start with the following error:
>
> ----------
> vlimit: fstat("/etc/vservers/planck/rlimits"): Permission denied

this just states that access to /etc/vservers/planck/rlimits
was denied, so we have to figure the reason for this denial
first ..

besides providing version numbers for the kernel, the Linux-
VServer patch and util-vserver, I would suggest to look into
'dmesg' and see if some warning gets reported ... also do
the trivial checks if that file is accessible or not from
the host and the guest context of this guest

if that fails for you, I'd suggest to pay a visit to the
IRC channel (#vserver @ irc.oftc.net) and have a chat with
daniel_hozac or myself ...

HTH,
Herbert