Re: [vserver] tor in a vserver?

From: Martin Fick <mogulguy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon 22 Oct 2007 - 16:41:40 BST

--- Chuck <chuck@sbbsnet.net> wrote:
> has anyone been successful in installing tor in a
> vserver environment?
> the various programs such as inspectsocks complain
> of 'socks server' connection refusal.

Funny you should ask, I was just experimenting with
that this weekend. Are you trying to run a tor server
or a tor client? I seem to have been successful
running it as a client (along with privoxy) in its own
separate vserver. I am planning on running it as a
server also but I am not sure what that would entitle
quite yet since I will be using NAT.

I am running it on debian and I did manually edit the
torrc to set a line like this to my vserver IP:

SocksListenAddress 192.168.0.1:9100 # listen on this
IP:port also

Perhaps you need that?

-Martin