Re: [vserver] tor in a vserver?

From: Arjan <sw-vserver_at_el-c.xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed 24 Oct 2007 - 14:40:27 BST

Chuck wrote:
[...]
> we run public ip space no nat. so i guess we would use dirport...

It doesn't matter if your ip is public or not.
The ORPort is for the actual tor traffic
The DirPort is for serving directory information to tor clients

> we want to
> be a passthru as part of the tor network, but still have our workstation tor
> clients use it as a tor network entry point..

Ok, so you also installed tor on the workstations. That's good, because
the tor traffic from the workstations to the tor server will be
encrypted then. This protects against sniffing on the LAN.

Make sure that the people on the workstations know what tor does /
doesn't do.
Things like this can happen when people don't know that the traffic
between the exit node and the destination can be observed:
http://www.derangedsecurity.com/time-to-reveal%e2%80%a6/