Re: [vserver] v2.2 patch for kernel version 2.6.23 ?

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Thu 25 Oct 2007 - 00:40:52 BST

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 05:12:03PM +0200, Gebhardt Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for some reason (RDAC support) we would like to use the most recent
> linux kernel version 2.6.23.x .

> Will there be a vserver patch for that kernel version available soon

there already is one available, but it isn't for
the faint of heart, as it isn't really complete yet

> (or are there some obstacles that make it hard to implement
> vservers on 2.6.23)?

yes, a lot of stuff changed in 2.6.23, which in turn
broke things like user isolation, scheduler and xfs

but I think I will get some time in the next two weeks
to fix that up, maybe 2.6.24 is already out then too :)

HTC,
Herbert