Re: [vserver] chrooted rssh inside a vserver

From: PÁSZTOR György <pasztor_at_linux.gyakg.u-szeged.hu>
Date: Sun 02 Dec 2007 - 17:34:44 GMT

Hi!

"Jean-François Leroux" <leroux.jeanfrancois@gmail.com> írta 2007-12-02 18:29-kor:
> So, I googled and found that some libraries might be missing inside
> the chroot (as shown in the gentoo rssh chroot howto, for example). I
> added them, with no avail.
Did you used ldd to find out, which library may it need?
Try to strace or ltrace the sftp-server subprocess, to find out if it try
to load a library dinamically with dlopen().

> What's strange is that rssh works fine as long as I don't try and
> chroot it (either with sftp or scp). But as soon as I try and use the
> chroot feature, it stops working... So I guess there's something wrong
> with my chroot jail.
> But since you say chroot works inside a vserver, I might try to use it
> without rssh...
Those simptoms still indicates that some library is missing.

Otherwise: if you want to be safe: try to make a statically linked
sftp-server.

Cheers,
-- -------[ Free Software ISOs - http://www.fsn.hu/?f=download ]------- --
PÁSZTOR György e-mail: pasztor@fsn.hu