[vserver] Re: v2.2 patch for kernel version 2.6.23 ?

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Tue 18 Dec 2007 - 10:48:24 GMT

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 05:25:45PM +1100, Kris Shannon wrote:
> Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 05:12:03PM +0200, Gebhardt Thomas wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> for some reason (RDAC support) we would like to use the most recent
> >> linux kernel version 2.6.23.x .
> >
> >> Will there be a vserver patch for that kernel version available soon
> >
> > there already is one available, but it isn't for
> > the faint of heart, as it isn't really complete yet
> >
> >> (or are there some obstacles that make it hard to implement
> >> vservers on 2.6.23)?
> >
> > yes, a lot of stuff changed in 2.6.23, which in turn
> > broke things like user isolation, scheduler and xfs
> >
> > but I think I will get some time in the next two weeks
> > to fix that up, maybe 2.6.24 is already out then too :)
> >
> > HTC,
> > Herbert
> >
> >> Thanks, Thomas Gebhardt
> >

> Where can I get access to the current patches (specifically
> looking for CFS compatability) I can't see anything in either:

switching to a completely new scheduler is not lightly
done in a stable branch, so that will need some time
and testing before it will be supported

> http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/

there is an early pre version for 2.6.23-rc* there,
and, as we decided to skip 2.6.23, pre versions for
2.6.24 will start appearing soon ...

HTC,
Herbert