[vserver] Request: Help to a 2.6.22.14+vs2.2.05 and the libata patches which make PMP work

From: Mike O'Connor <vserver_at_pineview.net>
Date: Fri 28 Dec 2007 - 12:37:14 GMT

Hi Guys

http://home-tj.org/wiki/index.php/Libata-tj-stable

This site has patch's which make SATA support in linux effective and
reliable (I have had no end of trouble with libata and drives which are
ok in say Windows but just do not work in linux)

These patches add proper support for handling a number of SATA soft
errors plus add support for Port Multiplier and Hotplug.

I have been able to get a 2.6.22.1, vs2.2.05 and a patch from this site
to compile and it worked. Its great on the drive side of things I have
500G WD drives which just would not format working and PMP and Hotplug
are just cool.

I've not used it long enough to know if any issues, but I would feel
much happier if I was using the 2.6.22.14 kernel.

A 2.6.22.14 plus vs.2.2.05 did not patch with the the libata patch for
2.6.22.1.

I just do not have the skills to adjust the patch, but I do feel
strongly that reliable support for SATA drives in a current and stable
vserver patched kernel is needed.

Any help appreciated
Mike