Re: [vserver] vserver image how to

From: Corey Wright <undefined_at_pobox.com>
Date: Sun 30 Dec 2007 - 04:21:29 GMT

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 09:06:03 -0800 (PST)
shuaib zahdeh <shuaib85@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,

howdy!

> I downloaded centos images from http://mirrors.sandino.net/vserver/images/
> but i failed to build it.

how were you trying to build using the template? (i presume those images
are templates.) what was the exact command and what was the coresponding
exact output?

> I was trying to find proper documentation for
> vserver-build but i could not.

proper? yeah, it's a bit mystic (and why i have everything i need
documented in a personal wiki).

vserver dontcare build --help

(and when i say "dontcare", i mean it: that spot usually requires the name
of a vserver, but when you pass the build command the --help argument, it
doesn't matter.)

> how can i build the image using vserver

try: vserver <vserver> build -m template --context <ctx> --hostname
-d centos5

you need to replace all keywords within brackets with the appropriate
the vserver name and hostname don't have to be the same as in my example,
but that's the way i do it to keep things simple.

disclaimer: that example is based on how i build debian guests on a debian
host and i don't use templates (though i probably should, but i find the
debootstrap method easy enough and straight forward).

> you are my last hope.

i feel like obi-wan kenobi. ;-)

corey

--