Re: [vserver] Mounting NFS(v4) with vserver guest's own IP address

From: Mark Hunting <mark_at_netexpo.nl>
Date: Sun 27 Jan 2008 - 10:34:17 GMT

Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:
>> hmm, IIRC, the purpose of fstab.remote was to have something
>> which is done from withing the guest's network namespace,
>> so I would assume that it already uses the guest IPs, but
>> maybe daniel can clarify here ...
>>

> Indeed, fstab.remote is mounted from within a chbind.
>

>> anyway, you might want to use one of the pre-pre scripts and
>> limit your networking to the guest ip you want to do the mount
>> from (with chbind)
>>

> ... which should mean that this wouldn't change anything.
Thanks for all your answers. I now understand the mount command isn't
the problem. I can do the mount from the guest IP, that's no problem.
But when I then 'do' something on the NFS mount, like a simple ls or
touch, this is done using the host IP.

I can change this behaviour by changing the route to my NFS server
through the guest IP instead of through the host IP (which is the
default). But the routing table is server-wide, so all guests and even
the host will use this route. Or is there a way to create a route table
entry for one guest only?

Regards,
Mark