Re: [vserver] Have I created guest's lo correctly ?

From: Declan Mullen <declan_at_jadplace.com>
Date: Tue 19 Feb 2008 - 13:19:51 GMT

> Have I created the loopback interface incorrectly as I suspect ?

I've just run a test that makes me believe that my suspicions are
correct, ie the guest and host now have access to the one shared
127.0.0.1 interface.

Within the guest I configured sshd to listen on 127.0.0.1
Within the host I attempted to ssh into 127.0.0.1
If the interface was not shared, then the attempt should have failed as
the sshd on the host was not listening on 127.0.0.1
If the interface was shared, then the attempt should have resulted in a
prompt from the guest's sshd.
The result was the latter, so the guest and host are using the one
127.0.0.1 loopback interface.

Regards,
Declan