[vserver] Vserver CPU Scheduler

From: Dean Montgomery <dmonty_at_sd73.bc.ca>
Date: Tue 01 Apr 2008 - 23:54:24 BST

Some of our vservers are getting used allot. However there is a CPU scheduler
in vserver that puts some hard limits on programs that have been using allot
of cpu power for an extended period of time.

Can someone tell me what settings I should be changing to make the vserver not
put limits on the processes run inside the vserver.

I found this page but it does not describe how to simply turn off the limits
in the vserver cpu scheduler.

http://linux-vserver.org/CPU_Scheduler

I noticed this when I tried to batch convert 5000 word documents to odt.
After a few hours top would show soffice.bin ...
* have a few seconds of cpu time
* which was quickly adjusted with high nice values then
* sleep for several seconds.

I would rather have it not apply nice and sleep to any big cpu hogs.

--
Dean Montgomery
Network Support Tech./Programmer