[vserver] Network interface problem

From: Sam Przyswa <samp_at_arial-concept.com>
Date: Tue 22 Apr 2008 - 13:20:12 BST

Hi,

I just installed a vserver kernel on Debian Etch (2.6.18-6-vserver-686)
compiled by my hosting service Dedibox in France (www.dedibox.fr) for
there servers. The server have one network interface:

eth0 88.191.62.143/255.255.255.0

I got 2 more IP addresses from my hosting service, configured on the
vserver machine as

eth0:0 88.191.206.113/255.255.255.224
eth0:1 88.191.206.114/255.255.255.224

At this point when I ping these addresses I got echo.

I created and started one virtual server,
in /etc/vserver/<server_name>/interface I have:

dev: eth0:0
ip: 88.191.206.113
prefix: 27

T start the vserver, I go to it with "enter" command it seems work fine,
I can connect outside services as ssh or ftp but I can't connect the
vserver's services from internet, as well from the host machine, the
connection go to the eth0=88.191.62.143 (main interface) instead of the
eth0:0=88.191.206.113 address.

What's wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sam.