Re: [vserver] Asterisk in guest(s) - Way back machine engaged.

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_acm.org>
Date: Thu 01 May 2008 - 17:38:42 BST

Adam Majer wrote:
> Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>> Several months (and probably close to a year) there was a very short
>> thread on getting Asterisk working in a guest.
>>
>> Has anyone taken this further?
>>
>> I ask because a discussion on the Asterisk users list just came up about
>> running on/in Xen or OpenVZ.
>
> I have Asterisk running without any problems in 2 guests. I only use the
> SIP part of Asterisk, but I'm assuming if you use the zaptel all you
> need is need to define the devices in the guest and load the kernel modules.

I was thinking of small offices with a single server, Linux-Vserver, and
keeping file sharing (Samba), and other applications in different
guests. Or a pretty healthy host in a colo and several guests providing
  PBX using SIP services for SOHO and virtual offices.

How much machine do you have the two * guests in and are there any other
guests and how much of a load?

I have a test machine but only one service provider (Vitelity.Net) and
two route-able IPs so testing load isn't going to go very far. Hoping
for some insight.

Lastly. You doing this for fun, personal use, or as a service?

Rod