Re: [vserver] Speaking of DHCP

From: Daniel Hokka Zakrisson <daniel_at_hozac.com>
Date: Thu 15 May 2008 - 01:53:33 BST

Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> Is there a way to get an ip (or more than one) for each guest from a
> DHCP server?

Yes. You just configure a number of dhclient's (or equivalent) with
different client identifiers. It's worth noting that not all DHCP servers
honor this though.

Automating this is something I've been meaning to do.

> I want to do a presentation at the local LUG and they only have DHCP as
> an option to get an IP. A way to fake multiple MACs?

Usually you can just grab an address that's not currently in use.

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson