Re: [vserver] DHCP - How to

From: Olivier <oza-4h07_at_myamail.com>
Date: Thu 15 May 2008 - 11:27:31 BST

2008/5/15 Daniel Hokka Zakrisson <daniel@hozac.com>:

> Thomas Weber wrote:
> >
> > Am Dienstag, den 13.05.2008, 22:18 +0200 schrieb Guenther Fuchs:
> >
> >> /etc/vserver/[YOUR-GUEST-NAME]/bcapabilities contains here
> >>
> >> NET_BIND_SERVICE
> >> NET_RAW
> >> SYS_RESOURCE
> >>
> >> that should be all you need to get the dhcpd working, nothing more,
> >> nothing else. Anyone is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong
> >
> > NET_RAW and SYS_RESOURCE are enough for me to make dhcp work (ISC DHCP
> > 3.0.4)
>
> Right. CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE is given to guests by default.
>
> --
> Daniel Hokka Zakrisson

Editing a new bcapabilities file helped me to quickly solve my DHCP issue :

# cat /etc/vserver/ipbx/bcapabilities
NET_RAW
SYS_RESOURCE

1. This doc ( http://linux-vserver.org/util-vserver:Capabilities_and_Flags )
does not mention a way to check this capabilities has been set. Is there a
way to check those 2 parameters are correctly set and passed to a specific
guest ?

2. ASAP, I will try to add something inside Wiki about DHCP setting.

Regards and thanks for your help