[vserver] Memory limit problem

From: Sam Przyswa <samp_at_arial-concept.com>
Date: Fri 23 May 2008 - 02:37:17 BST

Hi Vserver Users,

I have a strange problem, I installed the same filesystem's machine
(clone) on 2 vservers' machines (same vserver kernel) one on the same
file system /var/lib/vserver/ and one other on a LVM logical volume
mounted on /var/lib/vserver/ and create the two vservers with the same
command.

The two vservers work fine but on my machine with LVM it seems to be a
memory problem when I try to extract a big tar.gz file (80Mb) I have 3Gb
memory on this machine and the filesystem (LVM) is 33% free, I got an
error message "gzip: stdout: No space left on device" I don't have this
problem on the other machine with 1Gb memory !?

What's wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sam.