Re: [vserver] Q. about scheduling parameters and HARD_SCHED

From: Markus Fischer <markus_at_fischer.name>
Date: Sat 28 Mar 2009 - 19:02:27 GMT

Hi,

Michael S. Zick wrote:
> And in answer to my own question - -
> Yes you are running a 32bit host kernel on a 64bit host machine.
> That should not be a problem - but you could run a 64bit kernel.
> (and still run either 32bit or 64bit guests)
>
> I do that myself (uname -a):
> Linux wolf-c2q 2.6.27.10-vs2.3.0.36.2 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Dec 21 12:21:07 CST 2008 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
> (note the x86_64 which some distro's have adopted over the older "amd64" tag)

I've to confess that I just can't remember it anymore, whether it was
deliberate or not to *not* install a 64bit kernel.

It's probably getting completely offtopic now, but I guess I can't just
upgrade the kernel in-place because my system has no 64bit libraries and
I would need to re-install from scratch to have everything running
smooth ... ?

thx,
- Markus