Re: [vserver] F-Prot update: Network - Connection failed (23)

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Sat 23 May 2009 - 20:11:44 BST

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 08:54:17PM +0200, Tom Laermans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jarry wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >In one of my vserver-guests (gentoo) I installed f-prot, which
> >I want to use for mail scanning. Problem is, I can not update
> >virus signatures. Whenever I try it (/opt/f-prot/fpudate),
> >I always get this error:
> >In console I can see update counter, and this problem happens
> >always exactly at 43% (~50 seconds from beginning).

> My crystal experience ball says your /tmp is at the default size
> of 16MB and too small to store the download.

if that is indeed the case, and it sounds resonable,
then this is an excellent example how software (and
error messages in specific) should not be designed :)

note, the error reported was (still in the subject):

 F-Prot update: Network - Connection failed (23)

let's wait and see how this turns out ...