Re: [vserver] Using nmap

From: John Alberts <john.m.alberts_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri 19 Jun 2009 - 15:38:56 BST

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 6:14 AM, Herbert Poetzl<herbert@13thfloor.at> wrote:
> nmap forges packets to test for specific corner cases
> at a very low level (unless you restrict it to tcp/udp
> probing or ping tests), so that is something which
> requires raw net access or a virtual network stack

I've never used any of the capability flags. Is there any way I can
allow this by adding a capability for this guest. I realize allowing
raw net access is not a good idea, but I would just like to enable it
temporarily so I can run a utility in the guest one time that requires
nmap. Then I'll just remove the capability.

Thanks

John