Re: [vserver] 3 basic questions

From: Rik Bobbaers <rik_at_enzoverder.be>
Date: Tue 11 Aug 2009 - 08:28:19 BST

just my 2 cents here...

if i say: i want to run X in a guest
then the sollution: just run X on the host... is NOT a sollution. Since
that's not what i want!

it's like saying: i want to walk to the grocery store, but don't know
which way to go
and someone says: take the car

it's possible, but not a sollution to a problem!
and all to often i see that kind of sollution pass here.

e.g. i want to rent a guest "machine" to people but can't be bothered with
how/what they firewall, then i want them to be able te make sure it's
firewalled (or not). and i don't care if that's bad practice or not. i
just want iptables in my guests and that 's not possible with vserver
(which i can imagine, is a "problem" for some people)

grtzzzz

Rik Bobbaers

-- http://harry.enzoverder.be
linux/unix/system/network/security/hardware/DR admin