Re: [vserver] Error with vserver build and "yum" method on CentOS

From: Xavier Montagutelli <xavier.montagutelli_at_unilim.fr>
Date: Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 10:16:05 BST

On Thursday 27 August 2009 10:16:41 Jeff Jansen wrote:
> Xavier Montagutelli <xavier.montagutelli@unilim.fr> wrote on 2009-Aug-27:
> > You are using a version of yum which is insecure and broken in chroot
> > related operations; either apply the patches shipped in the 'contrib/'
> > [..]
> > Transaction Summary
> > =========================================================================
> >==========================================================================
> > Install 8 Package(s)
> > Update 0 Package(s)
> > Remove 0 Package(s)
> >
> > Total download size: 28 M
> > warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
> > e8562897 Importing GPG key 0xE8562897 "CentOS-5 Key (CentOS 5 Official
> > Signing Key) <centos-5-key@centos.org>" from
> > http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY- CentOS-5
>
> First I would definitely patch your version of yum. Details can be found
> here.
>
> http://linux-vserver.org/Yum-patch
>
> Find the one that most closely matches your version of yum and try it. I
> have yum 3.2.12 and the 3.2.19 patch applied cleanly.

I didn't want to use a patched version, and in the past, it was working with
the genuine yum ... but you was right, it works now !

> Then here's what I did on my debian lenny host to get it working. Find the
> CentOS-Base.repo" for CentOS 5 that came with your util-versers package.
> Mine is at:
>
> /usr/lib/util-vserver/distributions/centos5/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo
>
> Edit the file and change each instance of the '$basearch' variable to be
> your actual architecture - 'x86_64' in my case. Then UN-comment all the
> "baseurl" lines.

Not necesary on my CentOS host. But in the past, I already did that on a
Debian host.

> Finally change all the "gpgcheck=1" lines to be "=0". (I
> don't actually know if that's necessary, but I did it and it worked. Feel
> free to try it without the change and see what happens.)

Same, it works with gpgcheck enabled on the CentOS host.

> Then try the build command again. As I said, I can build CentOS 5 guests
> on my debian lenny host after those changes. But YMMV, as they say.

Thank you for your help !

--
Xavier Montagutelli                      Tel : +33 (0)5 55 45 77 20
Service Commun Informatique              Fax : +33 (0)5 55 45 75 95