[vserver] hostname in a vserver guest

From: Timothee Besset <ttimo_at_idsoftware.com>
Date: Sat 03 Oct 2009 - 16:21:34 BST

Hello,

Can someone make sense of the following:

ql-backend:~# vserver qlnoc enter
ql-backend:/# cat /etc/hostname
qlnoc
ql-backend:/# hostname -F /etc/hostname
ql-backend:/# hostname
qlnoc
ql-backend:/# /bin/bash
qlnoc:/#

ql-backend is the hostname of the vserver host. My prompt doesn't get
updated to the name of the vserver guest when I enter it. However
executing a shell once in the guest will. This is a behavior I don't
normally see, only on this particular guest. On the host,
/etc/vservers/qlnoc/name properly says "qlnoc" as well.

TTimo