Re: [vserver] VServer + Xorg + Xfce4 = ~almost~ working !

From: Shinkan <shinkan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu 28 Jan 2010 - 16:06:20 GMT

2010/1/28 Richard Lamboj <richard.lamboj@bilcom.at>

> Am Thursday 28 January 2010 16:08:24 schrieb Shinkan:
> > 2010/1/28 Richard Lamboj <richard.lamboj@bilcom.at>
> >
> > > I think that hal would not work in a VServer(not with some work?).
> >
> > That's the case :)
> >

> Nothing is impossible ;)
>
> Generate on the Host a working xorg.conf file without using hal and than
> copy
> it into the Guest. Maybe this is easier? Than you know wich device files
> are
> used and where are the Problems with the Input of the X11 Server.

I know the config work as I use the same on the host.

> Are you running it on real hardware or in a Virtual Maschine like
> VirtualBox?

It's a VirtualBox machine :)
Could that be the problem for hal ?
Because it works very well when I use it outside a VServer.

> Take a look into the X.org.log file. Maybe the Xorg is really freezing? At
> the
> Moment i have no Maschine for testing - so its hard to help you.

I've got some "FBDEV(0): FBIOBLANK: Invalid Argument" errors on it, but I
can't tell from where they come :/
Googling on that doesn't help so much.

Thanks again.

--
Pierre.
"Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I