Re: [vserver] problems mounting fuse filesystem

From: Ed W <lists_at_wildgooses.com>
Date: Fri 05 Mar 2010 - 14:58:45 GMT

Hi

> so you need to have CAP_SYS_ADMIN inside the guest for now
> to create or modify the 'trusted' namespace ... let me know
> if you want to do some testing with a FS_TRUSTED flag ...

Definitely yes please.

I have sent a donation separately hopefully to incentivise such a new
feature...

Note, because I am using the grsec patch also and it's a non-trivial
merge, for testing, would you perhaps be kind enough to break out the
relevant changes into a standalone patch? (Or perhaps I can try interdiff?)

Note also, if it's useful I can easily package up my kernel tree and
vserver-guest (however, for the guest all I did was pull down the latest
gluster 3.02 code using the gentoo ebuild. I believe it should be
reproducible with other distro's packages)

I anticipate running into other issues with glusterfs in a guest (under
load), but I guess lets see how we get on...

Many thanks

Ed Wildgoose