Re: [vserver] name mixups

From: Bruno Prémont <bonbons_at_linux-vserver.org>
Date: Sat 20 Mar 2010 - 15:21:40 GMT

On Sat, 20 March 2010 Chuck <chuck@sbbsnet.net> wrote:
> i had this happen once before and cannot remember what i did to fix it..
>
> if i enter a guest it takes the name of the previous guest i had entered. the server
> itself is the correct server with the correct things in it its just the name follows.
>
> i updated kernels and afterward noticed the host took on the name of the last server
> started. so i checked and sure enough the Barrier was gone on /vservers so i recreated it.
> that cured the hostname problem however the individual names still take on the name of the
> previous one entered.
>
> anyone remember how this is fixed?
>
> i am running
>
> 2.6.32-vs2.3.0.36.28-gentoo
>
> util-vserver-0.30.215-r3

You need to update util-vserver to one of the .216_pre versions for your
new kernel. I don't remember which kernel version is the cut-of version.

It is due to change in setup of UTS namespace. (e.g. all guests and host
share the same UTS namespace if .215 util-vserver is being used with
recent kernel.

Bruno