[vserver] Howto configure graphic card in a guest/Xorg-server configuration

From: Romberg Christo <Christo.Romberg_at_inga.fi>
Date: Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 10:34:05 GMT

I'm trying to get X to work in a guest. On this page http://oldwiki.linux-vserver.org/MoreUbuntu it is written:
"For accelerated Xorg, specific device nodes might need to be assigned for each seat, e.g. for NVidia driver /dev/nvidia*.
Use the lspci command to find out PCI BusId?<http://oldwiki.linux-vserver.org/BusId?action=edit> to be assigned for each Xorg-Desktop (seat).
Use lspci -X to get a suitable format for use in xorg.conf. "

I've come to the conclusion that my graphics card has BusID: PCI:0:2:0 - when I run 'lspci -vvv' I get the list of all PCI-devices, and I find:

"00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel corporation 82865G Integrated Graphivs Contr... "

Should I then copy the device nodes from host to guest or should I just reference it in the guest's xorg.conf file (e.g. Driver "intel", BusID "PCI:0:2:0") ?