RE: [vserver] Howto configure graphic card in a guest/Xorg-server configuration

From: Romberg Christo <Christo.Romberg_at_inga.fi>
Date: Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 07:59:35 GMT

Thank you for the response.

My goal is to set up a couple of kiosk-computers to be used in some public environments..
I'd like to have one host/guest per computer.. directing the end user to the guest system on boot.
I do not want to use CHROOT due to security issues, and these computers are obsolete - none of them have VT processors, so KVM is not an option in this case.
I've tried the same setup with OpenVZ, but without a lot of troubles, so I switched to Vserver

It seems that all other hardware is working inside the container..even the sound.

> you probably need to copy any devices the userspace
> driver part (from xorg) uses when setting up the
> graphics card into the guest

Where should these devices be located in the filesystem?

Sorry for asking dumb question - not much of a pro on Linux systems :-P