Re: [vserver] guests no longer start on newer kernels

From: <ben_at_bristolwireless.net>
Date: Tue 30 Mar 2010 - 10:28:01 BST

Quoting "Eugen Leitl" <eugen@leitl.org>:

> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 03:48:43PM +0100, ben@bristolwireless.net wrote:
>
>> >What has changed?
>> >

>> I can't see that this issue would have anything to do with the kernels
>> I compiled. Did you perhaps change util-vserver too?
>
> I've installed the util-vserver-basic package you suggested on the
> http://kernels.bristolwireless.net/ page.

Ah, that'd be the problem. For a package that is closest to the debian
one use the "util-vserver-basic-debian" package. The other one is
compiled with the standard options, and not ones modified for
consistency with Debian.

I didn't really "suggest" any packages on that page, the text simply
states that they are there in the repository. I have updated the docs.

cheers,
==
 From Ben Green